Maiko's Happy Days

Monday, August 14, 2006

Walking and shopping

On Friday afternoon, we went to the Prange collection in UM. The place is that many materials which were inspected in postwar. Many precious papers are there. In Japan, 15, august is the anniversary of the end of a war. So I think about it during I listened to the explanation of the Prange collection.
After, we went to the Georgetown. We did a shopping!!
I love shopping very much, so I was looking forward the time. But there are so many shops on the street. So I couldn’t see everything. But I spend exciting time there.

On Saturday, we did a walking tour of Annapolis and Severn River cruise. I like the sea, so I was very excited when I saw the sea!! The weather was very good, so the sea is so shinning. The town of Annapolis is nice port town. I like that atmosphere.

Yesterday, we went to the Mt. Vernon. The place has a lot of greenery. View from the mansion was so wonderful. I forgot time. We lay down on the grounds and napped a little. I didn’t want to leave the place. I liked it very much.

I spend full time on last weekends. Shopping and waling and visiting… I am not tired, so I want to be here more two weeks and visit more places!!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Ji Won said…

    Keep up your enthusiasm and optimism! And keep smiling!

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said…

    I wish you could stay longer, too!

    What you saw from the Annapolis Harbor was not the sea; it was the Chesapeake Bay, the largest estuary in North America! To reach the sea, you must cross the Chesapeake, and then cross the Delmarva Peninsula (Delaware/Maryland/Virginia). Only then can you see the Atlantic Ocean!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger maiko said…

    Hi J Won,
    Thank you leaving your comment! I promise you to keep smiling.
    Please keep checking my blog(^^`*)

    Nina,
    I want to see the Atlantic Ocean!
    Next time when I come to America, I will go there and please invite us to your home!

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger NOBUFUMI said…

    Because of your blog, I noticed today is the day when the war was ended. I want to know how American think about the day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home