Maiko's Happy Days

Friday, August 11, 2006

University of Maryland

We learned about the University of Maryland yesterday. We did a panel discussion. Six visitors talked us about American university and American university student life-dormitory, how they decide the course, sports activities and so on. I heard that American university is easy to enter college but it is difficult to graduate school very much. However I listened to their talk, I thought that is not true. During the university, American students do more study than Japanese do. We should follow them.

After that, we went to the college tour. Almost all the university I saw.
This college is so huge!!!! I can’t believe it in Japan. I like the football stadium the most. I want to watch the game in that place someday.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said…

    Hi, Maiko, congratulations on adding a link to your blog! :-)

    I think Japanese high school students study much more than their American counterparts, but maybe American students study harder in college.

    You were impressed by the size of the UM campus. It's pretty big, but it isn't the biggest college campus in the US. The U. of California at Berkeley, for one, is MUCH bigger than this!

    I hope you can come to a football game one day!

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    The most recent years it's become kind of difficult to understand what is most important to get into university. Since there are so many parts of the application - SAT scores, essays, interviews, extracurricular activities and so on, lately no one knows what universities are looking for in perspective students anymore!

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger maiko said…

    Nina,
    UM campus is not the biggest college? Wow!!
    I want to go the biggest one some day. Maybe the college is like one of the cities isn’t it?

    Laura,
    These days, many entrance examinations are changing.
    So, it becomes more difficult to enter college. But now, I am a university student. Therefore I want to study more about various things!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home