Maiko's Happy Days

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I LOVE MY FAMILY

On Tuesday, we learned about “Family”.
At the class, Kevin taught us the difference between Japan and America of the preschool, the family problems. The most different point is that Japan has some group concepts and America has some individual one. This concept makes some differences of many problems of family. For example, divorce rate, by contraries how many times people get marry, the future of kids and so on. I like Americans’ concept. However, maybe I think many things like Japanese.

After lunch, we do the panel discussion. We asked mentors about families. The time was so fun because I wanted to learn those things in this trip. I wanted to ask them why the American families are so friendly. Japanese don’t express their feeling of love each other. I want to have a family like an American!!
Then we went to the shopping mall at the pentagon city. I like shopping very much. So I wanted to be there more. I bought some English books for me and for my friends.
Everyday is too, but yesterday is the most massive day!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said…

    Hello Maiko, I am happy that you liked yesterday's activities and that you felt you were learning a lot. I think I have made your schedule too tiring, but there is so much I want to show you--and two weeks is such a short time! I really hope you can come back and stay longer in the future. You are getting a little taste of what America is like this trip.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    The family panel seems very popular! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's sad to hear that Japanese families don't seem to really express their love for each other - but maybe they express it in more subtle ways than Americans?

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger maiko said…

    Good morning Nina!
    Don’t worry about this schedule. I thought that two weeks is too short but the contents of this program are so massive one. I am happy that I can go many places in Washington D.C.
    I want to be back, absolutely!!

    Hello Laura,
    Maybe the Japanese do so. We Japanese are shyer than Americans. That is one of the reasons, I think. However, I always feel of my family’s love. So, I love my family, too!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home